Department of Mathematics and Statistics,
University of North Carolina Wilmington,
Research Interests and Publications
My area of interests include: semiparametric models, survival analysis, statistical data mining, and their applications.
- Ph.D.(2006) State University of New York at Binghamton, Advisor: Dr. Miguel A. Arcones.
- M.S.(2001) Zhongshan University, China
- B.S.(1998) University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
- 1. Fan,Y, Michael, T., and Wang, Y. An Exploration Study of the Current Satte of Career Development For Project Managers In the IT and Other Industries.
Accepted by International Journal of IT Project management, 2012.
2. Yaw Chang, Yishi Wang, Cuixian Chen, and Karl Ricanek. Improved Image-based Automatic Gender Classification by Feature Selection. Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing Research. 2011.
3. Chen,C., Yang,W., Wang,Y., Shan, S., and Ricanek, K. Learning Gabor Wavelets with Features Fusion and Feature Selection for Facial Age Estimation. CCBR 2011.
4. Chang, Y., Wang, Y., Ricanek, K., and Chen, C. Feature selection for improved automatic gender classification. SSCI 2011 CIBIM - 2011 IEEE Workshop on Computational Intelligence in Biometrics and Identity Management. Accepted.
5. Chen, C., Yang, W., Wang, Y., Ricanek, K., and Luu, K. Facial Feature Fusion and Model Selection for Age Estimation. Ninth IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, 2011. Accepted.
6. Bailey, J. and Wang. Y. Statistical Analysis of Kerf Mark Measurements in Bone. Accepted by Forensic Science, Medicine, and Pathology. July 2010.
7. Anton Schick, Yishi Wang, and Wolfgang Wefelmeyer, Tests for normality based on density estimators of convolutions, Statistics and Probability Letters 81 (2011) 337–343.
8. Wang, Y., Ricanek, K., Chen, C., Chang, Y..(2010) Gender Classification from Infants to Seniors. Washington, DC: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Biometrics: Theory, Applications, and Systems (BTAS).
9. Chen, C., Chang Y., Ricanek K., and Wang, Y.(2010). Face Age Estimation Using Model Selection. Proceedings of IEEE Computer Society Workshop on AMFG, in association with the 23th IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2010),San Francisco, June 2010.
10. Wang, Y., Chen, C., Kong, F. (2010). Variance Estimation of the Buckley-James Estimator. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, June 2010.
11. Ricanek, K., Wang, Y., Chen, C., Simmons, S. J. (2009). Generalized Multi-Ethnic Face Age-Estimation. Proceedings of IEEE Third International Conference on Biometrics: Theory, Applications and Systems.
12. Miguel, A., Wang, Y. (2009). Some New Tests for Normality in the Linear Regression Model. Far East J. Theor. Stat. 28 (2009), no. 1, 57--105.
13. Miguel, A., Wang, Y. (2006). Some New Tests for Normality Based on U-processes. Statistics & Probability Letters.76, no. 1, 69--82.
- Stt215 Fall 2012
- Stt315 Fall 2012
- Mat475 Fall 2012
- Stt490 Fall 2012