(more than 100 papers published since 1992)
- Creating an Audio Conferencing Application on Android Smart Phones, with J. Sun and B. Reinicke, Conference on Information Systems Applied Research (CONISAR'12), New Orleans, Louisiana, November 1-4, 2012.
- Information Security Blueprint For Nationwide Health Information Network, with S. Benli, U. Yaylacicegi, and S. Mitchell, Conference on Information Systems Applied Research (CONISAR'12), New Orleans, Louisiana, November 1-4, 2012.
- Building an Effective Interdisciplinary Professional Master’s Degree, with D. Kline and K. Barnhill, Information Systems Educators Conference (ISECON'12), New Orleans, Louisiana, November 1-4, 2012.
- Medication Adherence for Patients with Mental Illness, with U. Varshney, Poster Presentation at the 34th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society (EMBC'12), San Diego, CA, August 28 - September 1, 2012.
- Digital Computer: The Next-Generation Flagship Publication – EIC’s Message, Computer, Vol. 45, no 1, January 2012, pp. 8-9.
- CMobile: A Mobile Photo Capture Application for Construction Imaging, with A. Martin, J. Brown, and T. Janicki, Journal of Information Systems Applied Research, Vol. 5, No. 4, October 2012, pp 55-68, 2012. (A preliminary version appears in The Proceedings of CONISAR 2011).
- Building a Real-Time Bus Tracking Data Display System, with J. Dudley, J. Brown, and T. Janicki, T., Journal of Information Systems Applied Research, Vol. 5, No. 2, April 2012, pp 38-50, 2012. (A preliminary version appears in The Proceedings of CONISAR 2011).
- Challenges and Opportunities in Mobile Web and App Development - Guest Editor's Introduction, Computing Now, Nov. 2011. Web - http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/archive/november2011
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation - Guest Editor's Introduction, Computing Now, April 2011. Web - http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/archive/april2011
- On the Design and Implementation of Interactive XML Applications, with J. Brown, R. Brown, and C. Velado, International Journal of Information Retrieval Research, Vol. 1, No. 1, January-March 2011, pp. 19-30.
- Print, Mobile, and Online – EIC’s Message, Computer, Vol. 44, no 1, January 2011, pp. 9-11.
- A Look at Mobile Device Security, with P. Whisenhunt, Cutter IT Journal, Cutter Information LLC, Vol. 23, No. 9, September 2010, pp. 22-27.
- iTour: A System for Self-Guided Virtual Campus Tours, with C. Alvarez, D. Kline, and B. Reinicke, 2010 International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN ’10), Las Vegas, NV, July 12-15, 2010.
- XML Interactive: A Software Framework for Developing Interactive SMS Applications, with J. Brown and C. Velado, 2010 International Conference on Internet Computing (ICOMP ’10), Las Vegas, NV, July 12-15, 2010.
- Authentication by Biometric Verification - Guest Editor Introduction, Computer, Vol. 43, No. 2, February 2010, pp. 28-29.
- Biometrics - Guest Editor's Introduction, with K. Ricanek, Computing Now, February 2010. Web - http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/archive/february2010
- Flexibility is key for SMS coupons, with J. Brown, Mobile Marketer's Classic Guide to Mobile Advertising, www.mobilemarketer.com, August 14, 2009, pp. 49.
- Majoring in a Virtual Environment: Merging CS and IS into IT, with L. Patterson, T. Janicki, and B. Reinicke, 2009 International Conference on Frontiers in Education: Computer Science and Computer Engineering (FECS '09), Las Vegas, NV, July 13-16, 2009.
- Professional Ethics - Guest Editor Introduction, Computing Now, July 2009. Web - http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/archive/july2009
- Enhancing Mobile Access to Information with the Short Message Service, with J. Brown and D. Saunders-White, Journal of Computing in Higher Education, Vol. 20, No. 2, November 2008, pp. 24-34.
- On the Design and Implementation of a System Integrating Outlook Mobile Services with the Short Message Service, with S. Border and J. Brown, Proceedings of the 2008 International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN'08), Las Vegas, NV, July 14-17, 2008, pp. 579-585.
- SMS: Short Message Service, with J. Brown and B. Shipman, Computer, Vol. 40, No. 12, December 2007, pp. 106-110.
- Extending GridNexus to Support the Visual Assembly of Web Services, with E. Harris and J. Brown, Proceedings of the International Joint Conferences on Computer, Information, and Systems Sciences, and Engineering (CISSE 07), December 3-12, 2007. (also published in Innovations and Advanced Techniques in Systems, Computing Sciences, and Software Engineering, Khaled Elleithy, Editor, Springer 2008.)
- Interactive Services on Mobile Devices for Higher Education, with J. Brown, R. Hoon, and D. Saunders-White, Proceedings of the 2007 Educause Conference, Seattle, Washington, October 23-26, 2007.
- Parallel Processing with GT4, with J. Brown, M. Freeze, and E. Harris, Poster Presentation at the International Conference on the Virtual Computing Initiative (ICVCI 2007), Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, May 7-8, 2007.
- Metadata Lessons Learned from the iLumina Digital Library, with B. Heath, D. McArthur, and M. McClelland, Communications of the ACM, Vol. 48, No. 7, July 2005, pp. 68-74.
- Project Numina: Enhancing Student Learning with Handheld Computers, with B. Heath, R. Herman, G. Lugo, J. Reeves, and C. Ward, IEEE Computer, Vol. 38, No. 6, June 2005, pp. 46-53.
- GridNexus: A Grid Services Scientific Workflow System, with J. Brown, C. Ferner, T. Hudson, A. Stapleton, T. Carland, A. Martin, J. Martin, A. Rawls, W. Shipman, and M. Wood, International Journal of Computer and Information Science, Vol. 6, No. 2, June 2005, pp. 72-82.
- A Mobile Learning Environment to Support a Virtual Education Community in Science and Mathematics,
with B. Heath, R. Herman, G. Lugo, J. Reeves, and C. Ward, Technological Horizons in Education Journal,
Vol. 32, No. 8, March 2005, pp. 33-37.
- An Integrated Framework for Implementing Quality of Network Concepts, with C. Ferner,
Journal of Network and Systems Management, Vol. 10, No. 4, December 2002.
- Mobile Commerce: Framework, Applications, and Networking Support, with U. Varshney, ACM/Baltzer Journal on Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET), Special Issue on Mobile Commerce, Vol. 7, June 2002, pp. 185-198.
- A Multicast Tree Construction Algorithm for Large Multiparty Conferences, with P. Juell and D. Brekke, Journal of Telecommunication Systems, Vol. 17, No. 3, July 2001.
- A Collaborative Approach for Creating Curriculum and Instructional Materials, with S. Sologuk and R. Stammen, Journal of Technology and Teacher Education (JTATE), Vol. 9, No. 2, June 2001, pp. 199-210.
- Towards a Sharable Digital Library of Reusable Teaching Resources: Roles for Rich Metadata, with D. McArthur, B. Graves, S. Giersch, D. Ward, R. Dillaman, R. Herman, G. Lugo, J. Reeves, D. Knox, and S. Owen, Communications of the ACM, Special issue on Digital Libraries, Vol. 44, No. 5, May 2001.
- A Framework for Emerging Mobile Commerce Applications, with U. Varshney, Proceedings of the 34th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-34), Maui, Hawaii, January 3-6, 2001.
- Mobile E-commerce: A New Frontier, with U. Varshney and R. Kalakota, IEEE Computer, Special Issue on E-commerce, Vol. 33. No. 10, October 2000.
- The Handheld Web: How Mobile Wireless Technologies Will Change Web-Based Instruction and Training, with P. Shotsberger, Educational Technology, Vol. XL, No. 5, September-October 2000, pp.49-52.
- Emerging Mobile and Wireless Networks, with U. Varshney, Communications of the ACM, Vol. 43, No. 6, June 2000, pp. 73-81 (reprinted online in the June 2000 issue of iMP: The Magazine on Information Impacts, http://www.cisp.org/imp).
- An International Distance Learning Nursing Course: Nursing in the US and Japan, with Yeoun Soo Kim, Journal of Cultural Diversity, Special Issue on International Education, Vol. 6, No. 2, Summer 1999, pp. 48-56 (reprinted in the 2001 IMIA Yearbook of Medical Informatics, Schattauer Publishing Company, 2001).
- Network-based Professional Development: A Comparison of Statewide Initiatives, with P. Shotsberger, R. Stammen, G. Blue, and E. Greer, Proceedings of the World Conference on the WWW and Internet (WebNet ‘99), Honolulu, Hawaii, October 25-30, 1999.
- Building Video-on-Demand Servers, with D. Du, J. Hsieh, and J. Liu, Journal of Telecommunication Systems, Special issue on Multimedia, Baltzer Science Publishers, Vol. 9, Nos. 3-4, September 1998.
- The Counter-Based Congestion Avoidance Scheme for ABR Traffic in ATM Networks, with H. Choi and K. Nygard, Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE International Performance, Computing, and Communications Conference, Phoenix/Tempe, AZ, February 16-18, 1998.
- Web-based Teacher Professional Development: Current Implementations and Future Prospects, with P. Shotsberger, R. Stammen, M. Nelson, and Linda Baker, Technology and Teacher Education Annual of the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE ‘97), Orlando, Florida, April 1-5, 1997.
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode: An Emerging Network Standard for High Speed Communications, Book Chapter in Advances in Computers, Volume 44, Academic Press, March 1997.
- Evaluation of Computer Conferencing Tools for Conducting Collaborative Seminars on the Internet, with P. Juell, D. Brekke, and J. Wasson, International Journal of Educational Telecommunications, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 233-248, December 1996.
- A Method for Answering Queries over Future High Speed Networks, with W. Perrizo, A. Duggal, Z. Zhang, and S. Krebsbach, Proceedings of the ISCA 9th International Conference on Computer Applications in Industry and Engineering (CAIN), Orlando, Florida, December 11-13, 1996.
- Some Aspects of Distributed Database Management in High Speed Network Environments, with S. Junnuru and W. Perrizo, Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Systems Engineering (ICSE '96), Las Vegas, Nevada, July 9-11, 1996.
- A Multimedia System for Asynchronous Collaboration Using the Multicast Backbone and the World Wide Web, with C. Jonalagada, Proceedings of the 1st Annual Conference on Emerging Technologies and Applications in Communications, Portland, Oregon, May 7-10, 1996.
- Using Color and Text in Projecting Multimedia Presentations, with C. Ward and S. Shapiro, IEEE Multimedia, Vol. 2, No. 4, Winter 1995, December 1995.
- Integrating Interactive Graphics Techniques with Future Technologies, with T. Rhyne, E. Gidney, T. Imielinski, and P. Maes, Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques (SIGGRAPH '95), Los Angeles, California, August 6-11, 1995.
- Accessing Earth System Science Data and Applications Through High-Bandwidth Networks, with M. Ali, et. al., IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Special issue on Applications Enabling the Large Scale Deployment of Gigabit Networks, Vol. 13, No. 5, June 1995.
- Design Principles for Multi-Hop Wavelength and Time Division Multiplexed Optical Passive Star Networks, with S. Tong and D. Du, Journal of High Speed Networks, Vol. 4, No. 2, March 1995.
- ATM Concepts, Architecture, and Protocols, Communications of the ACM, Special Issue on ATM Networks, Vol. 38, No. 2, February 1995.
- Storage and Network Requirements of a Low-Cost, Computer-Based Virtual Classroom, with P. Juell, D. Brekke, and J. Wasson,Journal of Computing and Information Technology, Vol. 2, No. 4, December 1994.
- Mosaic and the World Wide Web, with C. Spell and C. Ward, IEEE Computer, Vol. 27, No. 10, October 1994 (reprinted in Japanese and published in the February 1995 issue of Nikkei Electronics).
- Experiences With Projected Multimedia Presentations, with C. Ward and S. Shapiro, Association for Applied Interactive Multimedia, Proceedings of the Third Annual Conference on Multimedia in Education and Industry (AAIM '94), Charleston, SC, July 24-26, 1994.
- A Network Architecture for Distributed High Performance Heterogeneous Computing, with S. Bhattacharya, D. Du, A. Pavan, S. Tong, and K. Williams, Proceedings of the 8th International Parallel Processing Symposium Workshop on Heterogenous Computing (IPPS '94), Cancun, Mexico, April 26-29, 1994.
- The CM-2 Data Transposition Problem, with D. Du and A. Kleitz, Proceedings of the Seventh International Parallel Processing Symposium (IPPS '93), Newport Beach, CA, April 13-16, 1993.
- Distributed Computing With High Speed Optical Networks, with D. Du, IEEE Computer, Vol. 26, No. 2, February 1993.
- Network Supercomputing, with D. Du and A. Klietz, IEEE Network, Vol. 6, No. 3, May 1992.
- Network Supercomputing: Experiments with a CRAY-2 to CM-2 HIPPI Connection, with D. Du and A. Kleitz, Proceedings of the 6th International Parallel Processing Symposium (IPPS '92) Workshop on Heterogeneous Processing, Beverly Hills, CA, March 23-26, 1992.
- Topological Design of Optically Switched WDM Networks, with D. Du and K. Williams, Proceedings of the 16th Conference on Local Computer Networks, Minneapolis, MN, October 14-17, 1991.