· See also: Spoken Dialog Systems
· See also: Mixed-Initiative Dialog
· See also: Virtual Humans and Collaborative Agents
· Guinn, C. I., Contract, "STENO: Mobile App for Classroom Discussion", University of North Carolina Wilmington, $9,974.00, Funded. (start: August 1, 2016, end: December 31, 2016).
· Ricanek, K., Guinn, C. I., Grant, "CASIS Summer 2016", Federal, $25,000.00, Funded. (start: July 2016, end: September 2016).
· Guinn, C. I., Natural Language Processing for Longitudinal Exposure Data, RTI International, Original Source of Funds: Environmental Protection Agency, August 1, 2004 – March 31, 2008, $29,586.00.
· Curry Guinn, Assessing Author Personality Types Using ChatGPT. (2023). 25th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Las Vegas, USA.
· Kline, D., Grimsman, A., Vetter, R. and Guinn, C. (2019) Literary Analysis Tool: Text Analytics for Creative Writers. In: Proceedings of the Conference on Information Systems Applied Research, v. 12, n. 5213, Cleveland, Ohio.
· Guinn, C., Singer, B., and A. Habash (2014) A Comparison of Syntax, Semantics, and Pragmatics in Spoken Language among Residents with Alzheimer’s Disease in Managed-Care Facilities, Proceedings of 2014 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Healthcare and E-Health, IEEE, pp. 98-103.
· Dunn, E., & Guinn, C. I. (2013) Computational Methods for Determining the Similarity between Ancient Greek Manuscripts, Proceedings of International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, CSREA Press, Athens, GA, pp. 496-502.
· Guinn, C. I., & Habash, A. (2012) Language Analysis of Speakers with Dementia of the Alzheimer’s Type, AAAI Press, Vol. FS-120-01.
· Komisin, M. and Guinn, C. (2012) Identifying Personality Types Using Document Classification Methods, Proceedings of the 25th International Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society Conference (FLAIRS-25), AAAI Press.
· Green, N. L., Guinn, C., and R. W. Smith (2012). Assisting Social Conversation between Persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and their Conversational Partners. Proceedings of the Third Workshop on Speech and Language Processing for Assistive Technologies, (part of NAACL-HLT 2012), Montreal, Canada, June 8, 2012, pages 37-46.
· Guinn, C. I. and Daniel Rayburn-Reeves (2009). Remote Monitoring of Activity, Location, and Exertion Levels, Virtual Healthcare Interaction -- AAAI Fall Symposium, ed. By N. Green and D. Scott, Technical Report FS-09-97, pp. 20-27.
· Rayburn-Reeves, D.. and C. Guinn (2008). Improving Upon Semantic Classification of Spoken Diary Entries Using Pragmatic Context Information, Proceedings of the 2008 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ICAI'08), July 2008.
· Guinn, C.I. and D. Rayburn-Reeves (2007). Monitoring Physical Exertion, Activity, and Location Using a Spoken Diary and Heart Rate Monitor, Proceedings of 3rd National Conference on Environmental Science and Technology, Greensboro, NC, USA.
· Guinn, C., Crist, D, and H. Werth (2006). A Comparison of Hand-Crafted Semantic Grammars Versus Statistical Natural Language Parsing in Domain-Specific Voice Transcription, Proceedings of Computational Intelligence, Ed. B. Kovalerchuk, San Francisco, CA, pp. 490-495.
· A Trainable System for the Extraction of Meaning from Text, with Amit Bagga, Joyce Chai, Alan Biermann, and Alan W. Hui, in Proceedings of CASCON '95, 1995.
· Natural Language Processing in Virtual Reality, with R. Jorge Montoya, Modern Simulation and Training , pp. 44-55, June 1998. (pdf)
· Two Dimensional Generalization in Information Extraction, with Joyce Yue Chai, Alan W. Biermann, AAAI/IAAI, pp. 431-438, 1999.