1. Compare and contrast an ANOVA and a regression analysis. Remember to discuss how they are related and the strengths and weaknesses of each.
2. Compare and contrast a t-test and an ANOVA.
3. What are the assumptions underlying the ANOVA?
4. What are the 3 sources of variation in a simple ANOVA? What does each tell you?
5. Given the following information, assuming these means came from the same population, what is your best estimate of the population variance?
There are 5 groups all with 50 subjects each. Below are the means for each of the groups:
Group 1 = 21
Group 2 = 23
Group 3 = 27
Group 4 = 22
Group 5 = 29