PSY 555 Homework 17
Chapter 15: #6,8,16,21
1. Please explain how there may be no outliers for each individual variable, but there may be outliers in the regression model.
2. Explain partial and semi-partial correlation.
3. Interpret the variance accounted for, significance in the regression model, and the variance account for by the first variable when the second variable entered into the equation has:
a. a semipartial correlation of .73 and a partial correlation of .75
b. a semipartial correlation of .07 and a partial correlation of .45.
4. Name and describe the three classes of diagnostic statistics.
5. Using a Venn diagram, illustrate the partial and semi-partial correlation given that:
a. There are two variables, X1 and X2
b. The squared correlation between Y and X1 equals .542
c. The squared correlation between Y and X2 equals .340.
d. The residual variation in Y equals .218.
Include all values in your drawing.